The dynamics of states : the formation and crises of state domination /
- Publication info:
- Aldershot, Hants, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2005.
On the Shelf
- The dynamics of states : the formation and crises of state domination / edited by by Klaus Schlichte.
- Other Authors:
Aldershot, Hants, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 2005
- Related Resource:
- Physical Description:
ix, 213 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
0754645045 (alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Rethinking the state / Joel Migdal, Klaus Schlichte
- Whose state is it?: Hindu-nationalist violence and populism in India / Julia Eckert
- The "privatization" of the state: north Africa in comparatie perspective / Béatrice Hibou
- The state against itself: market reforms and the judicializtion of politics in Mexico / Tom Lewis
- The phoenix state: war economy and state formation in Liberia / François Prkic
- The rise of the social and the banalization of the state in China / Jean-Louis Rocca
- Uganda: a state in suspense / Klaus Schlichte
- Boundaries of state and military in Pakistan / Boris Wilke.