Power, politics, and ethics in school districts : dynamic leadership for systemic change /
- Publication info:
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, 2006.
On the Shelf
A state's supervision of its elementary schools; the development and present activities of the Elementary Division of the State Department of Education of Louisiana, and a program for its future service, by Murphy P. Rogers. New York, Bureau of Publications, Teachers College, Columbia University, 1936. -
LB 2809 L8 R6 1972
- Power, politics, and ethics in school districts : dynamic leadership for systemic change / Francis M. Duffy.
- Main Author:
- Duffy, Francis M. 1949- (Francis Martin),
Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, 2006
- Physical Description:
xxiii, 275 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
1578863228 (hardcover : alk. paper)157886318X (pbk. : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Prologue : dynamic leadership for systemic change in school districts
- 1. change leader's guide to systems thinking
- 2. Change leadership for strategic change
- 3. Change leadership challenges
- 4. destination of three paths : improved student, faculty and staff, and system learning
- 5. Using power and political behavior to lead whole-system transformation
- 6. Change leadership ethics : a moral compass for navigating whole-system transformation
- 7. Using power and political skills in ethical ways to manage resistance to change
- 8. On the ethical use of power and political behavior to lead systemic change / Russell L. Ackoff and Sheldon Rovin
- 9. Decisions, dilemmas, and dangers / Richard Farson
- 10. Parents, power, and the politics of school reform / Michael E. Hickey
- 11. Disrupting the status quo : a case for empowerment / Libia S. Gil
- 12. Schools and the "hidden curriculum" / Art Kleiner
- 13. power of an idea : new American schools and comprehensive school reform / David T. Kearns, John L. Anderson and Nelson Smith
- 14. Lessons in power sharing and leadership shaping within the forums of campus governance : a concerto in C minor / William J. A. Marshall.