The authority to imagine : the struggle toward representation in dissertation writing /
- Publication info:
- New York : P. Lang, c2006.
On the Shelf
- The authority to imagine : the struggle toward representation in dissertation writing / Noreen B. Garman & Maria Piantanida, editors.
- Other Authors:
New York : P. Lang, 2006
"In this book, scholar-practitioners offer alternatives to the traditional five- chapter thesis format. As authors of meritorious and award-winning dissertations, they provide insights into the challenging process of crafting interpretive methods of dissertation inquiry. In addition, they relate their struggles to claim for themselves the authority to imagine creative representations of their research. Faculty and students who are looking for theoretic principles as well as good examples of interpretive dissertations will find this book invaluable."--BOOK JACKET.
- Physical Description:
xxvii, 224 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
0820474541 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- 1. Imagining an interpretive dissertation : voice, text, and representation / Noreen B. Garman
- 2. Pictures in my mind : viewing images of dissertation authorities through process drama and narrative inquiry / Lynn Altman Richards
- 3. Problematizing educational inclusion through heuristic inquiry / Micheline Stabile
- 4. Confronting authority and Self : social cartography and curriculum theorizing for uncertain times / JoVictoria Nicholson-Goodman
- 5. search for balance : representing a narrative pedagogy / Pamela Krakowski
- 6. Reimagining grounded theory : moving toward an interpretive stance / Robin E. Grubs
- 7. Embracing a language of spiritual inquiry / Marilyn Llewellyn
- 8. Coming to know through the text of talk : from interviews to inner views storied to interpretation / Kathleen M. Ceroni
- 9. Imagining reflective artmaking : claiming self as artist-teacher-researcher / Wendy M. Milne
- 10. Imagining in the forest dark : the journey of an epistemorph in the land of ologies / Cynthia A. Tananis
- 11. Writing essays : minding the personal and theoretic / Marjorie Barrett Logsdon
- 12. Speculations on the personal essay as a mode of curriculum inquiry / Maria Piantanida
- 13. Narrative yearnings : reflecting in time through the art of fictive story / Patricia L. McMahon
- Afterword : envisioning complicated conversation at the table / Maria Piantanida and Noreen B. Garman.