Ten thousand democracies : politics and public opinion in America's school districts /
- Publication info:
- Washington, D.C. : Georgetown University Press, c2005.
On the Shelf
State leadership in improving instruction; a study of the leadership service function of State education departments, with special reference to Louisiana, Tennessee, and Virginia, by William M. Alexander. New York, Bureau of Publications, Teachers College, Columbia University, 1940. -
LB 2809 A2 A5 1972
A state's supervision of its elementary schools; the development and present activities of the Elementary Division of the State Department of Education of Louisiana, and a program for its future service, by Murphy P. Rogers. New York, Bureau of Publications, Teachers College, Columbia University, 1936. -
LB 2809 L8 R6 1972
- Ten thousand democracies : politics and public opinion in America's school districts / Michael B. Berkman, Eric Plutzer.
- Main Author:
- Berkman, Michael B., 1960-
- Other Authors:
Washington, D.C. : Georgetown University Press, 2005
- Related Resource:
- Physical Description:
xix, 206 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 187-197) and index.
1589010760 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Policy responsiveness in American school districts
- Financing public education
- Public opinion and Americans' commitment to educational spending
- Direct democracy, indirect democracy, and policy responsiveness
- Voting rights, electoral systems, and policy responsiveness
- Teacher's unions in state and local politics
- The gray peril reconsidered
- The democratic control of American school boards.