Fuzzy databases : modeling, design and implementation /
- Publication info:
- Hershey, PA : Idea Group Pub., c2006.
Steacie Science and Engineering Library
On the Shelf
- Fuzzy databases : modeling, design and implementation / Jose Galindo, Angelica Urrutia, Mario Piattini, editors.
- Other Authors:
Hershey, PA : Idea Group Pub., 2006
"Fuzzy Databases: Modeling, Design and Implementation focuses on some semantic aspects which have not been studied in previous works and extends the EER model with fuzzy capabilities. The exposed model is called Fuzzy EER, and some of the studied extensions are: fuzzy attributes, fuzzy aggregations and different aspects on specializations, such as fuzzy degrees, fuzzy constraints etc. All of these fuzzy extensions offer greater expressiveness in conceptual design."--BOOK JACKET.
- Physical Description:
xvi, 320 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -298) and index.
1591403243 (h/c)1591403251 (pbk.)159140326X (ebook)
Table of Contents
- Foreword / Juan Miguel Medina
- Preface / Leoncio Jimenez
- Ch. I. Introduction to fuzzy logic
- Ch. II. Fuzzy database approaches
- Ch. III. State of the art in fuzzy database modeling
- Ch. IV. FuzzyEER : main characteristics of a fuzzy conceptual modeling tool
- Ch. V. Representation of fuzzy knowledge in relational databases : FIRST-2
- Ch. VI. Mapping FuzzyEER model concepts to relations
- Ch. VII. FSQL : a fuzzy SQL for fuzzy databases
- Ch. VIII. Some applications of fuzzy databases with FSQL
- Ch. IX. Brief summary and future trends
- App. A. Summary of FuzzyEER model
- App. B. FRDB architecture : the FSQL server.