Teaching American students : a guide for international faculty and teaching assistants in colleges and universities /
- Publication info:
- Cambridge, Mass. : Derek Bok Center for Teaching and Learning : Distributed by Harvard University Press, 2006.
On the Shelf
- Teaching American students : a guide for international faculty and teaching assistants in colleges and universities / Ellen Sarkisian.
- Main Author:
- Sarkisian, Ellen.
Cambridge, Mass. : Derek Bok Center for Teaching and Learning : 2006
- 3rd ed.
- Physical Description:
103 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 96-101) and index.
067402141X (alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- I. Starting out : a quick guide for beginning teachers
- II. Assumptions that affect teaching in the American classroom
- III. Bridging the gap : approaching your students and helping them approach you
- IV. Giving presentations that students can understand
- V. Leading a discussion : providing direction and continuity
- VI. Understanding meanings beyond words
- VII. Appendices.