DNA evidence /
- Publication info:
- Philadelphia : Chelsea House Publishers, c2005.
On the Shelf
- DNA evidence / Alan Marzilli.
- Main Author:
- Marzilli, Alan.
Philadelphia : Chelsea House Publishers, 2005
- Physical Description:
128 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 112-114) and index.
Table of Contents
- Using DNA to solve crimes
- Point : prosecutors overstate the reliability of DNA evidence
- Counterpoint : DNA evidence provides a reliable basis for convictions
- Point : collecting DNA samples threatens privacy
- Counterpoint : DNA profiling has the sole purpose of solving actual crimes
- Point : DNA banks are growing too rapidly
- Counterpoint : comprehensive DNA data banks are necessary for law enforcement
- Point : the most pressing use for DNA evidence is freeing the wrongly convicted
- Counterpoint : the most pressing use for DNA evidence is solving cold cases
- The future of DNA evidence.