Innovative assessment in higher education /
- Publication info:
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2006.
On the Shelf
- Innovative assessment in higher education / edited by Cordelia Bryan and Karen Clegg.
- Other Authors:
London ; New York : Routledge, 2006
- Physical Description:
xix, 233 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
0415356423 (pbk.)0415356415 (hardback)
Table of Contents
- Ch. 1. Why assessment is changing / Graham Gibbs
- Ch. 2. How assessment frames student learning / Graham Gibbs
- Ch. 3. Evaluating new priorities for assessment in higher education / Roger Murphy
- Ch. 4. Accessible and adaptable elements of Alverno student assessment-as-learning : strategies and challenges for peer review / Marcia Mentowski
- Ch. 5. Rethinking technology supported assessment practices in relation to the seven principles of good feedback practice / David Nicol and Colin Milligan
- Ch. 6. Evaluating written feedback / Evelyn Brown and Chris Glover
- Ch. 7. Using formative assessment to improve student learning through critical reflection / Alan Robinson and Mark Udall
- Ch. 8. Improving performance through enhancing student understanding of assessment criteria and feedback / Margaret Price and Berry O'Donovan
- Ch. 9. Using core assessment criteria to improve essay writing / Katherine Harrington, James Elander, Jo Lusher, Olaojo Aiyegbayo, Edd Pitt, Lin Norton, Hannah Robinson and Peter Reddy
- Ch. 10. Online instantaneous and targeted feedback for remote learners / Shelagh Ross, Sally Jordan and Philip Butcher
- Ch. 11. Improving student experience through making assessments 'flow' / Sean Gammon and Lesley Lawrence
- Ch. 12. Confidence-based marking: towards deeper learning and better exams / A. R. Gardner-Medwin
- Ch. 13. Developing group learning through assessment / Cordelia Bryan
- Ch. 14. Supporting diverse students : developing learner autonomy via assessment / Kay Sambell, Liz McDowell and Alistair Sambell
- Ch. 15. Identifying themes for staff development : the essential part of PDP innovation / Sue Williams and Sheila Ryan
- Ch. 16. Assessing learning in a PBL curriculum for healthcare training / Christine Curle, Jim Wood, Catherine Haslam and Jacqui Stedmon
- Ch. 17. ePortfolios : supporting assessment in complex educational environments / Simon Cotterill, Philip Bradley and Geoff Hammond.Ch. 18. Assessment to support developments in interprofessional education / Sue Morison and Mairead Boohan
- Ch. 19. Academic professionalism : the need for change / Lewis Elton
- Ch. 20. Reflections, rationales and realities / Karen Clegg and Cordelia Bryan.