Taking ownership of accreditation : assessment processes that promote institutional improvement and faculty engagement /
- Publication info:
- Sterling, Va. : Stylus, 2006.
On the Shelf
State leadership in improving instruction; a study of the leadership service function of State education departments, with special reference to Louisiana, Tennessee, and Virginia, by William M. Alexander. New York, Bureau of Publications, Teachers College, Columbia University, 1940. -
LB 2809 A2 A5 1972
A state's supervision of its elementary schools; the development and present activities of the Elementary Division of the State Department of Education of Louisiana, and a program for its future service, by Murphy P. Rogers. New York, Bureau of Publications, Teachers College, Columbia University, 1936. -
LB 2809 L8 R6 1972
- Corporate Subject:
- Taking ownership of accreditation : assessment processes that promote institutional improvement and faculty engagement / edited by Amy Driscoll and Diane Cordero de Noriega ; preface by Judith A. Ramaley.
- Other Authors:
Sterling, Va. : Stylus, 2006
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
xvi, 254 p. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
1579221750 (alk. paper)1579221769 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Preface : using accreditation to improve practice / Judith A. Ramaley
- 1. Assessment and accreditation : productive partnerships / Amy Driscoll
- 2. California State University Monterey Bay and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges : understanding their cultures of innovation / Amy Driscoll
- 3. Institutional vision, values, and mission : foundational filters for inquiry / Diane Cordero de Noriega
- 4. Preparing for accreditation : sowing the seeds of long-term change / Salina Diiorio
- 5. Program review as a model of vision-based continuous renewal / Seth Pollack
- 6. Multilayered inquiry for program reviews : methods and analysis for campuswide implications / Annette March
- 7. Examining capstone practices : a model of assets-based self-study / Dan Shapiro
- 8. study of "best practices" in assessment : a visible and public learning process / Betty McEady
- 9. One department's assessment story : processes and lessons / Brian Simmons
- 10. Faculty interviews : a strategy for deepening engagement in inquiry / Swarup Wood
- 11. Administrative alignment and accountability : student learning as focus / Diane Cordero de Noriega and Salina Diiorio
- 12. Postscript and reflections / Amy Driscoll.