Perception, cognition, and development : interactional analyses /
- Publication info:
- Hillsdale, N.J. : L. Erlbaum Associates, 1983.
On the Shelf
- Perception, cognition, and development : interactional analyses / edited by Thomas J. Tighe, Bryan E. Shepp. --
- Other Authors:
Hillsdale, N.J. : L. Erlbaum Associates, 1983
- Item Description:
"Based on a conference held at Dartmouth College's Minary Conference Center in Holderness, New Hampshire, June 4-7, 1981"--Pref.
- Physical Description:
xiv, 363 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographies and indexes.
Table of Contents
- Asymmetric interactions of stimulus dimensions in perceptual information processing / Wendell R. Garner
- The analyzability of multidimensional objects / Bryan E. Shepp
- Holistic and analytic modes in perceptual and cognitive development / Deborah G. Kemler
- Stimulus preferences as structural features / David Zeaman and Patricia Hanley
- Labeling, overtraining, and levels of function / Tracy S. Kendler
- Components in the hypothesis-testing strategies of young children / Charles C. Spiker and Joan H. Cantor
- Structural principles in categorization / Douglas L. Medin
- Intuitive physics / Norman H. Anderson
- The perception and use of information by good and poor readers / George Wolford and Carol A. Fowler
- Some issues on the relation between perceptual and cognitive development / Herbert L. Pick, Jr.
- Commentary on the development of perception and cognition / Eleanor J. Gibson
- Categorization, perception, and learning / William K. Estes.