Law and class in America : trends since the Cold War /
- Publication info:
- New York : New York University Press, c2006.
On the Shelf
- Law and class in America : trends since the Cold War / edited by Paul D. Carrington and Trina Jones.
- Other Authors:
New York : New York University Press, 2006
- Physical Description:
vii, 432 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9780814716540 (cloth : alk. paper)0814716547 (cloth : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- 1. Law made in skyboxes : an evolution in American law / Paul D. Carrington and Trina Jones
- Pt. I. regress of courts, legislatures, and the bar
- 2. When (some) republican justices exhibited concern for the plight of the poor : an essay in historical retrieval / Sanford Levinson
- 3. Money and American democracy / Burt Neuborne
- 4. Contracting civil procedure / Judith Resnik
- 5. Skybox lawyering / Marc Galanter
- Pt. II. Consequences : more for those in the skyboxes
- 6. Fair pay for chief executive officers / James D. Cox
- 7. antitrust "revolution" and small business : on "the turnpike to efficiencyville" / Thomas E. Kauper
- 8. Residential privilege : the advent of the guarded subdivision / David L. Callies and Paula A. Franzese
- 9. declining progressivity of the federal income tax / Lawrence A. Zelenak
- 10. Class war and the estate tax : have the troops gone AWOL? / Richard L. Schmalbeck
- Pt. III. And less for those in the cheap seats
- 11. Trade law, labor, and global inequality / David M. Trubek and Lance Compa
- 12. Law at the workplace : the decline of collective bargaining / Julius G. Getman
- 13. Consumers and the American contract system : a polemic / Richard E. Speidel
- 14. Congress and the credit industry : more bad news for families / Elizabeth Warren
- 15. misfortunes of the family farm / Paul Y. K. Castle
- 16. Health law and the broken promise of equity / M. Gregg Bloche and Lawrence O. Gostin
- 17. elusive goal of equal educational opportunity / Gerald Torres
- 18. rise and fall (and rise again?) of accident law : a continuing saga / Jeffrey O'Connell and John Linehan
- 19. Welfare reform and deform / Joel F. Handler and Danielle Sarah Seiden
- Pt. IV. hierarchy in criminal law
- 20. Evidence law to protect the civil defendant, but not the accused / Margaret A. Berger
- 21. America's misguided war on drugs / Joseph D. McNamara.