Human resource management /
- Publication info:
- Mason, Ohio : Thomson/South-western, c2006.
Peter F. Bronfman Business Library
On the Shelf
- Human resource management / Robert L. Mathis, John H. Jackson.
- Main Author:
- Mathis, Robert L., 1944-
- Other Authors:
Mason, Ohio : Thomson/South-western, 2006
- 11th ed.
- Item Description:
Passcard for access to free 4-month subscription to InfoTrak inserted before title page.Two instructional websites are available to supplement the text.
- Physical Description:
xxv, 606 p. : col. ill. ; 27 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
0324289588 (package)0324289596 (book)0534274943 (InfoTrak)
Table of Contents
- Section 1. Nature of Human Resource Management
- Chapter 1. Changing Nature of Human Resource Management
- Chapter 2. Strategic Human Resource Management
- Chapter 3. Individual Performance and Retention
- Section 2. Staffing the Organization
- Chapter 4. Legal Framework for Equal Employment
- Chapter 5. Managing Diversity and Equal Employment
- Chapter 6. Jobs
- Chapter 7. Recruiting in Labor Markets
- Chapter 8. Selecting and Placing Human Resources
- Section 3. Training and Developing Human Resources
- Chapter 9. Training Human Resources
- Chapter 10. Careers and HR Development
- Chapter 11. Performance Management and Appraisal
- Section 4. Compensating Human Resources
- Chapter 12. Compensation Strategies and Practices
- Chapter 13. Variable Pay and Executive Compensation
- Chapter 14. Managing Employee Benefits
- Section 5. Employee Relations and Global HR
- Chapter 15. Health, Safety, and Security
- Chapter 16. Employee Rights and Discipline
- Chapter 17. Union-Management Relationship
- Chapter 18. Globalization of HR Management
- A. Human Resource Certification Institute Test Specifications
- B. Current Literature in HR Management
- C. Major Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Laws and Regulations
- D. Starting a Career.