Winning reviews : a guide for evaluating scholarly writing /
- Publication info:
- Basingstoke [England] ; New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2006.
On the Shelf
- Winning reviews : a guide for evaluating scholarly writing / edited by Yehuda Baruch, Sherry E. Sullivan and Hazlon N. Schepmyer.
- Other Authors:
Basingstoke [England] ; New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2006
"Winning Reviews is the first book to provide an in-depth examination of the often misunderstood but important process of reviewing. The book contains insights from a variety of perspectives including journal editors, well-established authors, award-winning reviewers, and even novices who navigated the process to become sought-after reviewers. Winning Reviews is a valuable resource for new and experienced academics alike."--BOOK JACKET.
- Physical Description:
xxv, 262 p. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
1403992231 (hbk.)9781403992239 (hbk.)
Table of Contents
- Ch. 1. Peer reviews in the production of knowledge : why I stopped worrying and learned to appreciate the flaws in the review process / Robert L. Dipboye
- Ch. 2. Reviewing as a vital professional service / Richard L. Priem and Abdul A. Rasheed
- Ch. 3. To review or not to review? : when you shouldn't accept a request to review / Ann Marie Ryan
- Ch. 4. fundamentals of reviewing / Sherry E. Sullivan, Madeline Crocitto and Shawn M. Carraher
- Ch. 5. Fairness as a key criterion in reviewing / Debra L. Shapiro and Sim B. Sitkin
- Ch. 6. Advice for the novice reviewer / Hazlon (Haze) Schepmyer, I. J. Hetty van Emmerik and Christine Oliver
- Ch. 7. effectiveness of the reviewing process
- Ch. 8. Reviewing for academic journals : qualitative-based manuscripts / Cary L. Cooper and John Burgoyne
- Ch. 9. Reviewing by the numbers : evaluating quantitative research / S. Gayle Baugh, James G. Hunt and Terri A. Scandura
- Ch. 10. Reviewing for scholarly practitioner journals / Sheila M. Puffer, James Campbell Quick and Daniel J. McCarthy
- Ch. 11. Reviewing scholarly books / Walter Nord
- Ch. 12. Revising to be published : building trust to win the acceptance of journal editors and reviewers / Shaker A. Zahra and Donald O. Neubaum
- Ch. 13. To revise and resubmit or not : that is the question / Yehuda Baruch and Yochanan Altman
- Ch. 14. Communicating more effectively with editors : strategies for authors and reviewers / Daniel C. Feldman.