Norms and the law /
- Publication info:
- New York : Cambridge University Press, 2006.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Norms and the law / edited by John N. Drobak.
- Other Authors:
New York : Cambridge University Press, 2006
- Related Resource:
- Physical Description:
ix, 298 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 267-290) and index.
9780521862257 (hardback)0521862256 (hardback)9780521680790 (pbk.)0521680794 (pbk.)
Table of Contents
- Social norms and other-regarding preferences / Lynn A. Stout
- Damages, norms, and punishment / Cass R. Sunstein
- Cognitive science and the study of the "rules of the game" in a world of uncertainty / Douglass C. North
- Norms of the household /
- Robert C. Ellickson
- .commons / Lawrence Lessig
- How norms help reduce the tragedy of the commons : a multi-layer framework for analyzing field experiments / Juan-Camilo Cárdenas and Elinor Ostrom
- Judging the judges : some remarks on the way judges think and the way judges act / Lawrence M. Friedman
- Judicial independence in a democracy : institutionalizing judicial restraint / John Ferejohn and Larry D. Kramer
- Black judges and ascriptive group identification / Kathryn Abrams
- Judicial norms : a judge's perspectives / Harry T. Edwards
- Normative evaluation and legal analogues / Amartya Sen.