Working disasters : the politics of recognition and response /
- Publication info:
- Amityville, N.Y. : Baywood Pub., c2006.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Working disasters : the politics of recognition and response / edited by Eric Tucker.
- Other Authors:
Amityville, N.Y. : Baywood Pub., 2006
- Item Description:
- Physical Description:
x, 325 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- The politics of recognition and response / Eric Tucker
- Trucking tragedies : the hidden disaster of mass death in the long-haul road transport industry / Michael Quinlan, Claire Mayhew, and Richard Johnstone
- The Australian epidemic of repetition strain injury : a sociological perspective / Andrew Hopkins
- All part of the game : the recognition of and response to an industrial disaster at the Fluorspar Mines, St. Lawrence, Newfoundland, 1933-1978 / Richard Rennie
- The long road to action : the silicosis problem and Swedish occupational health and safety policy in the 20th century / Annette Thornquist
- Disaster, meaning making, and reform in Antebellum Massachusetts / Patricia Reeve
- Regulating safety, regulating profit : cost-cutting, injury and death in the British North Sea after Piper Alpha / David Whyte
- Courts, crime, and workplace disaster / Richard Johnstone
- Blame and causation in the aftermath of industrial disasters : Nova Scotia's coal mines from 1858 to Westray / Susan Dodd
- Accountability and reform in the aftermath of the Westray mine explosion / Eric Tucker.