Beyond conventional economics : the limits of rational behaviour in political decision making /
- Publication info:
- Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA : Edward Elgar, c2006.
On the Shelf
- Beyond conventional economics : the limits of rational behaviour in political decision making / edited by Giuseppe Eusepi, Alan Hamlin.
- Other Authors:
Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA : Edward Elgar, 2006
"This book is a must-read for anyone interested in understanding individual behaviour under limited rationality. This is a unique book documenting a meaningful debate on the limits of rational behaviour inside public choice circles and will appeal to a wide audience of economists, political scientists and public choice scholars."--BOOK JACKET.
- Item Description:
Papers originally presented at the conference "Beyond conventional economics. Studies in the intellectual development of Geoffrey Brennan" held September 2004, Ministry of the Economy and Finance, Rome, Italy, organized by the European Center for the Study of Public Choice (ECSPC).
- Physical Description:
xv, 154 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- 1. Political dispositions and dispositional politics / Alan Hamlin
- 2. Expressive voting : how special interests enlist their victims as political allies / J. R. Clark and Dwight R. Lee
- 3. Who shall keep the keepers themselves? : on the moral foundations of the separation of powers / Giuseppe Eusepi
- 4. bouquet of democracies / Gordon Tullock
- 5. Subjective evaluation of alternatives in individual voting choice / James M. Buchanan and Yong J. Yoon
- 6. Truth, justice and democracy / Robert E. Goodin
- 7. Error-dependent norms / Philip Pettit
- 8. world is a table : economic philosophy stated flatly in terms of rows, columns and tables / Hartmut Kliemt.