Deporting our souls : values, morality, and immigration policy /
- Publication info:
- Cambridge ; New York, NY : Cambridge University Press, 2006.
On the Shelf
- Deporting our souls : values, morality, and immigration policy / Bill Ong Hing.
- Main Author:
- Hing, Bill Ong.
Cambridge ; New York, NY : Cambridge University Press, 2006
"This book discusses the major immigration policy areas - undocumented workers, the immigration selection system, deportation of aggravated felons, national security and immigration policy, and the integration of new Americans - and the author suggests his own proposals on how to address the policy challenges from a perspective that encourages us to consider the moral consequences of our decisions. The author also reviews some of the policies that have been put forth and ignored and suggests new policies that would be good for the country economically and socially."--BOOK JACKET.
- Physical Description:
xiii, 220 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Introduction : hysteria and shame
- 1. Illegal immigration : give them a parade
- 2. Deporting our souls
- 3. Promoting family values and immigration
- 4. Misusing immigration policies in the name of Homeland Security
- 5. welcome wagon for new Americans
- Epilogue : a policy of humanity.