The heads-up on sport concussion /
- Publication info:
- Champaign, IL : Human Kinetics, c2006.
Steacie Science and Engineering Library
On the Shelf
- The heads-up on sport concussion / Gary S. Solomon, Karen M. Johnston, Mark R. Lovell.
- Main Author:
- Solomon, Gary S., 1952-
- Other Authors:
Champaign, IL : Human Kinetics, 2006
"The Heads-Up on Sport Concussion is a concise introductory book on sport concussion for professionals who work with athletes. It provides a comprehensive review of current literature on sport concussion and guides professionals in communicating with athletes, parents, and coaches regarding assessment and treatment." "The Heads-Up on Sport Concussion provides a current understanding of terminology, assessment, treatment, and criteria for return to play. Readers will have a thorough grasp of sport concussion and thus be able to provide better care and education to athletes who sustain concussions. The text's complete treatment of a critical topic makes this a must-read for anyone involved in the care and training of athletes."--BOOK JACKET.
- Physical Description:
xi, 139 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 127-138).
0736060081 (soft cover)
Table of Contents
- Ch. 1. Sport concussion : just the facts
- Ch. 2. Brain processes and symptoms
- Ch. 3. Assessment and evaluation
- Ch. 4. Treatment and rehabilitation
- Ch. 5. Concussion in professional sports
- Ch. 6. Current trends, research, and the future.