Foundations of sport-related brain injuries /
- Publication info:
- New York, NY : Springer, c2006.
Steacie Science and Engineering Library
On the Shelf
- Foundations of sport-related brain injuries / edited by Semyon Slobounov, Wayne Sebastianelli.
- Other Authors:
New York, NY : Springer, 2006
- Physical Description:
xvi, 482 : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Concussion in athletics : ongoing controversy / Semyon Slobounov and Wayne Sebastianelli
- Neurophysiology of concussion : theoretical perspectives / Nigel Shaw
- Concussion mechanisms and pathophysiology / Jack Wilberger, Juan Ortega and Semyon Slobounov
- biomechanics and pathomechanics of sport-related concussion : looking at history to build the future / Kevin Guskiewicz and Jason Mihalik
- Concussion classification : ongoing controversy / Robert Cantu
- New developments in sports concussion management / Mark Lovell and Jamie Pardini
- Neuropsychological assessment of sports-related concussion : measuring clinically significant change / Aaron Rosenbaum, Peter Arnett, Christopher Bailey and Ruben Echemendia
- Motivation and the assessment of sports-related concussion / Christopher Bailey and Peter Arnett
- Magnetic resonance spectroscopy of traumatic brain injury and concussion / Stefan Bluml and William M. Brooks
- Fundamentals of EEG methodology in concussion research / William Ray and Semyon Slobounov
- Electroencephalography and mild traumatic brain injury / Robert Thatcher
- Neuroimaging in traumatic brain injury / Sherman Stein
- Pediatric traumatic head injuries / Rimma Danov
- Aerobic fitness and concussion outcomes in high school football / Anthony Kontos, Robert Elbin and Micky Collins
- EEG change and balance deficits following concussion : one piece of the puzzle / James Thompson
- Concussion management : that is our role? / Felix Meza, Douglas Aukerman and Wayne Sebastianelli
- Evolution and mechanics of head protection / George Salvaterra
- Neural, behavioral and psychological effects of injury in athletes / Rashanna Moss and Semyon Slobounov
- Assessment and management of concussion : a neuropsychological perspective / Ruben Echemendia
- Traumatic injury in athletics : dialog with collegiate coaches / Semyon Slobounov, Wayne Sebastianelli and Douglas Aukerman.