The declaration of independence : a global history /
- Publication info:
- Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Press, 2007.
On the Shelf
The trial of the British soldiers, of the 29th Regiment of Foot : for the murder of Crispus Attucks, Samuel Gray, Samuel Maverick, James Caldwell, and Patrick Carr, on Monday evening, March 5, 1770, before the Honorable Benjamin Lynde, John Cushing, Peter Oliver, and Edmund Trowbridge, Esquires, justices of the Superior Court of Judicature, Court of Assize and General Goal [i.e. Gaol] Delivery, held at Boston, by adjournment, November 27, 1770.
E 215.4 W46 1969
Tea leaves : being a collection of letters and documents relating to the shipment of tea to the American colonies in the year 1773, by the East India Tea Company : now first printed from the original manuscript : with an introd., notes, and biographical notices of the Boston Tea Party / by Francis S. Drake. --
E 215.7 T25
- Corporate Subject:
- Corporate Subject:
- The declaration of independence : a global history / David Armitage.
- Main Author:
- Armitage, David, 1965-
Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Press, 2007
- Physical Description:
vi, 300 p. ; 19 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 249-286) and index.
0674022823 (alk. paper)9780674022829 (alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- 1. world in the declaration of independence
- 2. declaration of independence in the world
- 3. world of declarations
- Declarations of independence, 1776-1993
- Thomas Jefferson's "original rough draft" of the declaration of independence
- In Congress, July 4, 1776. A declaration by the representatives of the United States of America, in General Congress Assembled
- [Jeremy Bentham,] short review of the declaration (1776)
- Manifesto of the province of flanders [extracts] (January 4, 1790)
- Haitian declaration of independence (January 1, 1804)
- Venezuelan declaration of independence (July 5, 1811)
- Declaration of the independence of New Zealand (October 28, 1835)
- unanimous declaration of independence made by the delegates of the people of Texas (March 2, 1836)
- declaration of independence by the representatives of the people of the commonwealth of Liberia (July 16, 1847)
- Declaration of independence of the Czechoslovak Nation (October 18, 1918)
- Declaration of independence of the democratic Republic of Viet Nam (September 2, 1945)
- Declaration of the establishment of the State of Israel (May 14, 1948)
- unilateral declaration of independence (Southern Rhodesia); (November 11, 1965).