Precarious work, women and the new economy : the challenge to legal norms /
- Publication info:
- Oxford : Hart Publishing, 2006.
|Due: Sep 03, 2019||SCOTT-BOOK|
On the Shelf
- Precarious work, women and the new economy : the challenge to legal norms / edited by Judy Fudge and Rosemary Owens.
- Other Authors:
Oxford : Hart Publishing, 2006
- Item Description:
A series published for the Oñati Institute for the Sociology of Law.
- Physical Description:
xxx, 401 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- 1. Precarious work, women, and the new economy : the challenge to legal norms / Judy Fudge and Rosemary Owens
- 2. Rights, risk, and reward : governance norms in the international order and the problem of precarious work / Kerry Rittich
- 3. Gender, precarious work, and the international labour code : the ghost in the ILO closet / Leah F. Vosko
- 4. Promoting precariousness? : the response of EU employment policies to precarious work / Diamond Ashiagbor
- 5. Time to dream? : flexibility, families, and the regulation of working time / Joanne Conaghan
- 6. need for a reduced work week in the United States / Vicki Schultz and Allison Hoffman
- 7. Gender and the legal regulation of employment breaks / Claire Kilpatrick
- 8. Precarious norms for precarious workers / Sandra Fredman
- 9. Self-employment, women, and precarious work : the scope of labour protection / Judy Fudge
- 10. regulation of paid care work in the home in Quebec : from the hearth to the global marketplace / Stephanie Bernstein
- 11. new face of employment discrimination / Katherine V. W. Stone
- 12. On the gendered norm of standard employment in a changing lobour market / Jenny Julen Votinius
- 13. legal production of precarious work / Rosemary Hunter
- 14. Flexibility and security, working time, and work-family policies / Susanne D. Burri
- 15. Engendering flexibility in a world of precarious work / Rosemary Owens.