Alternative theories of the state /
- Publication info:
- Basingstoke [England] ; New York : Palgrave MacMillan, 2006.
Leslie Frost Library
On the Shelf
- Alternative theories of the state / edited by Steven Pressman.
- Other Authors:
Basingstoke [England] ; New York : Palgrave MacMillan, 2006
"This book presents alternative perspectives on the role and function of the state in contemporary economies. The state plays many important roles in most developed economies. It establishes the laws and sets of rules by which economic activity takes place, and the state purchases more than one-fifth of the output produced in the national economy. This book examines the role of the state from a number of diverse economic perspectives, including Austrian, feminist, institutionalist, Marxian, radical, and Post Keynsian."--BOOK JACKET.
- Physical Description:
viii, 229 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- 1. Alternative views of the state / Steven Pressman
- 2. pragmatic state : institutionalist perspectives on the state / William Waller
- 3. protective response and the evolution of the capitalist state / James Ronald Stanfield and Jacqueline B. Stanfield
- 4. Marxist theories of the state / Raju J. Das
- 5. new neoliberal social structure of accumulation for sustainable global growth and development? / Philip Anthony O'Hara
- 6. post Keynesian theory of the state / Steven Pressman
- 7. feminist view of the state / Ellen Mutari
- 8. state and economic efficiency : a behavioral approach / Morris Altman
- 9. Making the menu : Russia's recipe for calculating political-economy constraints / Peter J. Boettke and Bridget I. Butkevich.