100 albums that changed popular music : a reference guide /
- Publication info:
- Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 2007.
On the Shelf
- 100 albums that changed popular music : a reference guide / Chris Smith.
- Main Author:
- Smith, Chris, 1968-
Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 2007
- Variant Title:
- One hundred albums that changed popular music
- Physical Description:
xxi, 277 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -263) and index.
0313338256 (alk. paper)9780313338250 (alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- timeline of recorded sound
- 1. birth of the long player, 1952-1962
- 2. Stop, hey, what's that sound? : 1963-1967
- 3. bridge over troubled water, 1968-1971
- 4. Take it to the limit, 1972-1976
- 5. modern dance, 1977-1985
- 6. Welcome to the jungle, 1986-1990
- 7. Smells like teen spirit, 1991-2000
- App. 1. Ten albums that almost made it
- App. 2. Ten important producers
- App. 3. Albums listed chronologically
- App. 4. Albums listed alphabetically.