Beyond the baton : what every conductor needs to know /
- Publication info:
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, c2007.
On the Shelf
- Beyond the baton : what every conductor needs to know / Diane Wittry.
- Main Author:
- Wittry, Diane.
Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2007
"Seasoned conductor Diane Wittry draws a comprehensive roadmap to a successful career in Beyond the Baton. With firsthand understanding of how the role of the conductor has changed across the years, she expertly examines the new set of duties - both on and off of the podium - that now fall upon the shoulders of the music director."--BOOK JACKET.
- Physical Description:
ix, 337 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 327-330) and index.
0195300939 (alk. paper)9780195300932 (alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Prologue : so - you want to be a conductor? : it starts with you
- 1. Preparing for success
- 2. Path to the podium
- 3. Your first job
- 4. Artistic leadership
- 5. Artistic programming
- 6. people factor
- 7. Funding the artistic vision
- 8. Closing thoughts
- Music organizations
- Music sources
- Training and personal development
- Programming resources
- Sample contracts and resume format.