Gender, culture and human rights : reclaiming universalism /
- Publication info:
- Oxford ; Portland, Or. : Hart Pub., 2006.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Gender, culture and human rights : reclaiming universalism / Siobhán Mullally.
- Main Author:
- Mullally, Siobhán.
Oxford ; Portland, Or. : Hart Pub., 2006
- Item Description:
Originally presented as the author's thesis (doctoral)--European University Insitute, Florence.
- Physical Description:
xlv, 260 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -251) and index.
9781841135137 (hardback)1841135135 (hardback)
Table of Contents
- The discourse of human rights : 'an active enemy of women's progress'?
- Alan Gewirth's community of rights : feminism, liberalism and the value of community
- Political liberalism, feminism and the limits of an 'overlapping consensus'
- Nussbaum and the human capabilities approach : reconciling feminism and universalism?
- Discourse ethics, feminism and the return to the universal
- Opting out of women's human rights : reservations to human rights treaties and the defence of culture
- Debating gender in Ireland (1) : family values
- Debating gender in Ireland (2) : reproductive rights
- Women, human rights and cultural claims in Pakistan
- Debating gender equality in India : feminism and multicultural dilemmas.