The fiction editor, the novel, and the novelist /
- Publication info:
- Philadelphia : Paul Dry Books, 2006.
On the Shelf
- The fiction editor, the novel, and the novelist / Thomas McCormack.
- Main Author:
- McCormack, Thomas.
Philadelphia : Paul Dry Books, 2006
- 2nd ed., Rev., 1st Paul Dry Books ed.
- Item Description:
- Physical Description:
xiii, 167 p. ; 21 cm.
1589880307 (alk. paper)9781589880306 (alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Pt. 1. Reading requires sensibility
- Pt. 2. Diagnosis requires sensibility and craft
- Pt. 3. Revision requires sensibility and craft, and could benefit from art
- 'He' or 'he or she' or ...
- Neologisms and arcane words
- Punctuation : when dancing, the author should lead
- Fowler, Strunk, White, you, and I
- editor's lot
- Editorial license, but no examination
- lengths and limits of craft
- master-effect wanted
- "Theme" and its dire effects
- On the necessity to be new
- Shaggy script story
- Prelibation by a nose
- Indeterminate prelibation
- problem of Hamlet's sister
- Pity the great writer
- Book review editors and book reviewers
- How to break the news
- Matters outstanding
- Stanislavsky edits
- Sam Mussabini, editor
- Jest desserts.