Securing the future : US immigrant integration policy : a reader /
- Publication info:
- Washington, DC : Migration Policy Institute, c2007.
On the Shelf
The United States Commission on Immigration Reform : the interim and final reports and commentary / edited by Gabriel J. Chin with the editors of the University of Cincinnati Immigration and Nationality Law Review (1998-99) ; Morgain Sprague (project editor) ; Adam Bleile ... [et al.].
JV 6483 U225 2000
- Securing the future : US immigrant integration policy : a reader / edited by Michael Fix.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
Washington, DC : Migration Policy Institute, 2007
- Item Description:
"The National Center on Immigrant Integration Policy."
- Physical Description:
xxvi, 192 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- 1. Immigrant integration and comprehensive immigration reform : an overview / Michael Fix
- 2. Immigrant integration - the American experience / Tamar Jacoby
- 3. From immigrant to citizen / Janet Murgula and Cecilia Munoz
- 4. Today's second generation : getting ahead or falling behind? / Rogert Waldinger and Renee Reichl
- 5. Immigrant rights, integration, and the common good / Donald Kerwin
- 6. Federal spending on the immigrant families' integration / Julia Gelatt and Michael Fix
- 7. Access to health care and health insurance : immigrants and immigration reform / Leighton Ku and Demetrios G. Papademetriou
- 8. Improving immigrant workers' economic prospects : a review of the literature / Amy Beeler and Julie Murray
- 9. Educating the children of immigrants / Julie Murray, Jeanne Batalova and Michael Fix
- 10. Designing an impact aid program for immigrant settlement / Deborah L. Garvey
- App. I. Major legislative milestones in US immigration history
- App. II. Access to health care after immigration reform : lessons from New York / Adam Gurvitch
- App. III. New Americans : selected facts on naturalization and birthright citizenship / Mary Helen Ybarra Johnson, Michael Fix and Julie Murray.