Knowledge under construction : the importance of play in developing children's spatial and geometric thinking /
- Publication info:
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield, c2007.
On the Shelf
- Knowledge under construction : the importance of play in developing children's spatial and geometric thinking / Daniel Ness and Stephen J. Farenga.
- Main Author:
- Ness, Daniel, 1966-
- Other Authors:
Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield, 2007
- Related Resource:
- Physical Description:
xxiii, 257 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 229-247) and index.
9780742547889 (cloth : alk. paper)0742547884 (cloth : alk. paper)9780742547896 (pbk. : alk. paper)0742547892 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Spatial, geometric, and architectural thinking : the big picture
- Developmental perspectives on spatial and geometric thinking
- Children as architects : the identification of architectural principles underlying young children's geometric constructions
- Contextual observation : the assessment for measuring spatial, geometric, and architectural thinking of young children (SPAGAR)
- Age, gender, socioeconomic status factors in spatial, geometric, and architectural thinking
- Constructing alone : cases 1 and 2
- Constructing interactively : cases 3 & 4
- Beyond the blocks : implementing praxis.