Party funding and campaign financing in international perspective /
- Publication info:
- Oxford ; Portland, Oregon : Hart Pub., 2006.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Au-delà de la représentation : les figures de la démocratie: les voies et les voix de l'État de droit / sous la direction de Karim Benyekhlef (Professeur à la Faculté de droit, chercheur au Centre de recherche en droit public et directeur du Laboratoire de cyberjustice, Université de Montréal).
K 3293 A92 2016
- Party funding and campaign financing in international perspective / edited by K D Ewing and Samuel Issacharoff.
- Other Authors:
Oxford ; Portland, Oregon : Hart Pub., 2006
- Item Description:
Based on a workshop held in July 2002 at the Institute for Advanced Legal Studies (IALS) in the University of London--Preface.
- Physical Description:
x, 330 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
1841135704 (cloth)9781841135700 (cloth)
Table of Contents
- "Light touch" regulation and is discontents. The regulations of campaign funding in New Zealand : practices, problems and prospects for change / Andrew Geddis
- "Big bang" regulation of a private funding regime. Expenditure, donation and public funding under the United Kingdom's Political Parties, Elections and Referendum Act 2000 : and beyond? / Navraj Singh Ghaleigh
- The disclosure of political donations in Britain / KD Ewing
- Access to the airwaves and equality : the case against political advertising on the broadcast media / Jacob Rowbottom
- From state regulations to state funding. Political finance law in Australia / Graeme Orr
- Revisiting transparency and disclosure in Japanese political reform / Akiko Ejima
- Financing parties at the grass-roots level : the Québec experience / Louis Massicotte
- Regulations and judicial review. Throwing in the towel : the constitutional morass of campaign finance / Samuel Issacharoff
- Soft money, Congress and the Supreme Court / Richard Briffault
- The law of American party finance / Nathaniel Persily
- Regulation and judicial review : divergent paths. The supreme court of Canada's political theory and the constitutionality of the political finance regime / Colin Feasby
- Elections, democracy and free speech : more at stake than an unfettered right to advertise / Janet L. Hiebert
- Starting from scratch. Developing political parties in the European Union : towards a European party statute / Stephen Day and Jo Shaw.