Locating law : race/class/gender/sexuality connections /
- Publication info:
- Halifax, NS : Fernwood Pub., c2006.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Locating law : race/class/gender/sexuality connections / edited by Elizabeth Comack with Karen Busby ... [et al.].
- Other Authors:
Halifax, NS : Fernwood Pub., 2006
- 2nd ed.
- Related Resource:
- Physical Description:
336 p. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 308-336).
Table of Contents
- Theoretical approaches in the sociology of law : theoretical excursions / Elizabeth Comack
- Standing against Canadian law : naming omissions of race, culture, and gender / Patricia Monture
- Managing Canadian immigration : racism, ethnic selectivity, and the law / Lisa Marie Jakubowski
- Cultural difference and criminal sentencing : critical reflections on R. v. Gladue and R. v. Hamilton / Kirsten Kramar and David Sealy
- Locating labour law : the regulation of occupational health and safety / Eric Tucker
- Relocating law : making corporate crime disappear / Laureen Snider
- The construction of welfare fraud and the wielding of the state's iron fist / Janet E. Mosher
- Feminism, law, and 'the family' : assessing the reform legacy / Dorothy E. Chunn
- 'Not a victim until a conviction is entered' : sexual violence prosecutions and legal 'truth' / Karen Busby
- Victims of justice : homophobia, ageism, and whorephobia / Kirsten Kramer.