British and Canadian perspectives on international law /
- Publication info:
- Leiden ; Boston : Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, c2006.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Praktische Vernunft und Rechtsanwendung : Verhandlungen des 15. Weltkongresses der Internationalen Vereinigung für Rechts-und Sozialphilosophie (IVR) in Göttingen, August 1991. Band 4 / herausgegeben von Hans-Joachim Koch und Ulfrid Neumann = Legal system and practical reason : proceedings of the 15th World Congress of the International Association for Philosophy of Law and Social pPhilosophy (IVR) in Göttingen, August 1991. Volume 4 / edited by Hans-Joachim Koch und Ulfrid Neumann.
K 296 W67 1994
- British and Canadian perspectives on international law / edited by Christopher P.M. Waters.
- Other Authors:
Leiden ; Boston : Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 2006
- Physical Description:
407 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9789004153813 (alk. paper)9004153810 (alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Public commitment to international law : Canadian and British media perspectives on the use of force / Stephen J. Toope
- Domestic reception of international humanitarian law : UK and Canadian implementing legislation / Christopher Harland
- The international criminal court and domestic enforcement in Canada and the United Kingdom / James Sloan
- Accountability for crimes against international law in Canada : an overview and a comparison with UK practices / Helena Torroja
- Jurisdictional issues in extraterritorial criminal law / Troy Lavers
- 'Vague' indictments and justice at the international criminal tribunals : learning from the world of common law / Chile Eboe-Osuji
- Comparing attitudes to international human rights petition systems / Holly Cullen
- Strengthening women's international human rights norms in the UK after the Human Rights Act 1998 : lessons from Canada / Charlotte Skeet
- Application of gender guidelines within the asylum determination process : from reflections on the UK and Canadian experience / R. M. M. Wallace and Anne Holliday
- Human rights and public emergency discourse in the UK and Canada / David Jenkins
- A comparison of the United Kingdom and Canadian approaches to human security / Susan Breau
- Canadian and U.K. approaches to sustainable development in international trade law / Marie-Claire Cordonier Segger
- Implementing the Kyoto protocol in Canada and the UK : a discussion of the economic instruments employed / Markus W. Gehring and Kristin Price
- Government regulation and the development of corporate social responsibility in the UK and Canada / Henry Lovat and Osman Aboubakr
- TRIPS and access to medicine : recent developments in Canada and Europe / William Flanagan
- Tax discrimination and the cross-border provision of services / Catherine Brown and Martha O'Brien
- The democratic legitimacy of the "international criminal justice model" : the unilateral reach of foreign domestic law and the promise of transnational constitutional conversation / Karen Eltis
- Customary international law in domestic courts : Imbroglio, Lord Denning, stare decisis / Stephane Beaulac
- The challenge of internalizing international conventional law : the experience of Australia, England and Canada with ratified treaties / Hugh M. Kindred.