Privacy and data security.
- Publication info:
- Toronto, Ont. : Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, Osgoode Professional Development CLE, 2007.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Privacy and data security.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
Toronto, Ont. : Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, Osgoode Professional Development CLE, 2007
- Item Description:
"January 22 & 23, 2007".Course leader: Priscilla Platt.
- Physical Description:
1 v. (various pagings) ; 29 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- The regulation of personal information / Lisa M. Austin
- Fair information practices / Priscilla Platt
- Key private sector privacy legislation : the Personal Information and Protection of Privacy Act / presentation by Patricia Kosseim
- Privacy regulation outside of Canada / by P. Bradley Limpert
- Organizational considerations in privacy compliance : lessons learned for the trenches / Robin Gould-Soil
- Collection and use of personal information / Jeffrey Kaufman
- Outsourcing and other cross-border data transfers / Jason Young
- Records management and requests for access / Brian Wylynko
- Understanding common threats and security countermeasures / Chris Russel
- Security and privacy on the Internet / Ross Fraser
- Safeguarding private information : what is the standard? / Mark S. Hayes
- Workshop : evaluating privacy policies
- Overview of workplace privacy in Canada / Adam Kardash
- Legislating best practices : considerations for an effective breach notification regime / Anita Fineberg.