Pervasive problems in international arbitration /
- Publication info:
- Alphen aan den Rijn : Kluwer Law International, 2006.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Procedural decisions in ICC arbitration : recourse to experts, privilege, bifurcation, new claims, multi-tiered dispute resolution, interim relief, security for costs, anti-suit/anti-arbitration injunctions = Décisions de procédure dans l'arbitrage CCI = Decisiones procesales en el arbitraje CCI.
K 2400 P764 2015
- Pervasive problems in international arbitration / edited by Loukas A. Mistelis and Julian D.M. Lew.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
Alphen aan den Rijn : Kluwer Law International, 2006
- Item Description:
Contains papers from a three-day symposium held at the School of International Arbitration, Centre for Commercial Law Studies, Queen Mary University of London, April 2005 - back cover.
- Physical Description:
xxii, 391 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Introduction. Fundamental problems in international arbitration / Julian D.M. Lew
- Pt. I. Arbitration and policy issues. Mitsubishi after twenty years : mandatory rules before courts and international arbitrators / Donald Francis Donovan & Alexander K.A. Greenawalt
- Effect of international public policy on international arbitration / Pierre Moyer
- Determination and application of relevant national and international law and rules / Catherine Kessedjian
- The transparency of international arbitration : process and substance / V.V. Veeder
- Time and money : cost control and effective case management / Klaus Sachs
- Pt. II. National and international regulation of international arbitration. Autonomy of international arbitration process / Henri Alvarez
- The procedural soft law of international arbitration : non-governmental instruments / William W. Park
- The role of national courts and lex fori in international commercial arbitration / Wang Shengchang and Cao Lijun
- Provisional measures / Ali Yesilirmak
- Reflections on the use of anti-suit injunctions in international arbitrations / Emmanuel Gaillard
- Pt. III. International arbitration and state parties. Investment arbitration and commercial arbitration (or the tale of the dolphin and the shark) / Nigel Blackaby
- Jurisdiction challenges in BIT arbitrations : do you read BIT by reading a BIT or by reading into a BIT? / Matthew Weiniger
- Interpretation of treaties : how do arbitral tribunals interpret dispute settlement provisions embodied in investment treaties? / Gabrielle Kaufmann-Kohler
- Pt. IV. International arbitration and third parties. The impact of third parties on international arbitration : issues of assignment / Stephen Jagusch and Anthony Sinclair
- The amicus role in international arbitration / Paul Friedland
- Parallel proceedings, res judicata and lis pendens : problems and possible solutions / Norah Gallagher
- Arbitration and insolvency proceedings : selected problems / Stefan M. Kröll.