Women and the mafia : [female roles in organized crime structures] /
- Publication info:
- New York : Springer, c2007.
On the Shelf
- Women and the mafia : [female roles in organized crime structures] / edited by Giovanni Fiandaca ; [translated from the Italian by Stephen Jackson].
- Other Authors:
New York : Springer, 2007
- Uniform Title:
- Language Notes:
Translated from the Italian.
- Physical Description:
vii, 308 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9780387365374 (hbk.)0387365370 (hbk.)
Table of Contents
- Introduction / Giovanni Fiandaca
- pt. 1. A history of women in the mafia. Doing it for themselves or standing in for their men? Women in the Neapolitan Camorra (1950-2003) / Felia Allum
- Mafia women: the affirmation of a female pseudo-subject. The case of the 'Ndrangheta / Renate Siebert
- Women in the 'Ndrangheta: the Serraino-Di Giovine case / Ombretta Ingrascì
- Women in the Sacra Corona Unita / Monica Massari and Cataldo Motta
- Symbolic domination and active power: female roles in criminal organizations / Alessandra Dino
- Women in mafia organizations / Franco Di Maria and Girolamo Lo Verso
- Women and other mafia-type criminal organizations / Ernesto Savona and Gioacchino Natoli
- Female visibility in the mafia world: press review 1980 to 2001 / Alessandra Dino ... [et al.]
- pt. 2. An international comparison. Women in organized crime in Albania / Fitore Paluca Belay
- Women in organized crime in Argentina / Adriana Rossi
- Women in organized crime in Brazil / Denise Frossard
- Women in organized crime in Japan / Ryu Otomo
- Women in organized crime in Germany / Eva Maria Kallinger
- Women in organized crime in Russia / Yakov Gilinsky
- Women in organized crime in the United States / Clare Longrigg
- pt. 3. Conclusion. The reasoning behind the research: an evaluation of the results / Teresa Principato.