The Laskin legacy : essays in commemoration of Chief Justice Bora Laskin /
- Publication info:
- Toronto : Irwin Law, 2007.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Personal Subject:
- Corporate Subject:
- The Laskin legacy : essays in commemoration of Chief Justice Bora Laskin / edited by Neil Finkelstein & Constance Backhouse.
- Other Authors:
Toronto : Irwin Law, 2007
- Portion of Title:
- Essays in commemoration of Chief Justice Bora Laskin
- Physical Description:
xv, 219 p. : ports.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- Introduction / Constance Backhouse
- Some memories of my father / John I. Laskin
- Comments on my dad / Barbara Laskin
- Laskin and the university / Martin Friedland
- Laskin and the university crisis of 1949 / Horace Krever
- Laskin's legacy to the Supreme Court / Ian Binnie
- Laskin's Impact on the Supreme Court / Peter W. Hogg
- Memories of Laskin at the Court / Sheridan Scott
- Laskin's legacy to national unity and patriation / R. Roy McMurtry
- Laskin's legacy to law / J.J. Michel Robert
- Chief Justice Laskin's approach to administrative law / Stephen T. Goudge
- Laskin and the constitutional protection of rights and freedoms / Robert J. Sharpe
- The Laskin legacy in private law: the judge as custodian of the common law / John D. McCamus
- Laskin and fiduciary duties / Kathryn N. Feldman
- Chief Justice Bora Laskin: the great dissenter / Neil Finkelstein
- Bora Laskin: lifting the legacy from the legend / Ellen Snow.