Courts and social transformation in new democracies : an institutional voice for the poor? /
- Publication info:
- Aldershot, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2006.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
|Due: Feb 14, 2019||LAW-BOOK|
On the Shelf
- Courts and social transformation in new democracies : an institutional voice for the poor? / edited by Robert Gargarella, Pilar Domingo, Theunis Roux.
- Other Authors:
Aldershot, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 2006
- Physical Description:
xiv, 311 p. : ill.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -300) and index.
0754647838 (alk. paper)9780754647836 (alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Theories of democracy, the judiciary and social rights / Roberto Gargarella
- Courts and social transformation : an analytical framework / Siri Gloppen
- The changing role of law and courts in Latin America : from an obstacle to social change to a tool of social equity / Javier A. Couso
- Social rights as middle-class entitlements in Hungary : the role of the constitutional court / Andras Sajo
- The record of the South African constitutional court in providing an institutional voice for the poor : 1995-2004 / Jackie Dugard and Theunis Roux
- The enforcement of social rights by the Colombian constitutional court : cases and debates / Rodrigo Uprimny Yepes
- Courts and social transformation in India / R. Sudarshan
- Judicial enforcement of social rights : perspectives from Latin America / Christian Courtis
- Brazilian courts and social rights : a case study revisited / Jose Reinaldo de Lima Lopes
- Courts under construction in Angola : what can they do for the poor? / Elin Skaar and Jose Octavio Serra Van-Dunem
- Weak courts, rights and legal mobilisation in Bolivia / Pilar Domingo
- Courts, rights and social transformation : concluding reflections / Roberto Gargarella, Pilar Domingo and Theunis Roux.