Constructing borders/crossing boundaries : race, ethnicity, and immigration /
- Publication info:
- Lanham, MD : Lexington Books, c2007.
On the Shelf
- Constructing borders/crossing boundaries : race, ethnicity, and immigration / edited by Caroline B. Brettell.
- Other Authors:
Lanham, MD : Lexington Books, 2007
- Variant Title:
- Constructing borders, crossing boundaries
- Related Resource:
- Physical Description:
viii, 334 p. : ill., map ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
0739115693 (cloth : alk. paper)9780739115695 (cloth : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Race, ethnicity and the construction of immigrant identities / Caroline B. Brettell
- Violence, migration, and becoming Igbo in Gustavus Vassa's Interesting narrative / Alexander X. Byrd
- Undue process : racial genealogies of immigrant detention / David Manuel Hernández
- The immigrant experiences of Dominican and Mexican women in the 1990s : crossing class, racial, and gender boundaries or temporary work spaces in New York City / Norma Fuentes
- Ethnic borders in American Muslim communities / Jamillah Karim
- Black ethnicity and racial community : African-Americans and West Indian immigrants in the United States / Alana C. Hackshaw
- Appalachian Mestizaje : race and Latino immigration in western North Carolina / Mariel Rose
- Job-hopping : social networks in the global high-tech industry / Johanna Shih
- Beyond the ethnic enclave : the effect of ethnic solidarity and market opportunity on white, Korean, Mexican, and Black enterprise / Zulema Valdez
- Separately together : co-ethnic employment among second-generation immigrants in the metropolitan New York labor market / Aviva Zeltzer-Zubida
- Immigrant selectivity, ethnic capital, and the reproduction of educational inequalities across borders / Cynthia Feliciano.