How to write for a general audience : a guide for academics who want to share their knowledge with the world and have fun doing it /
- Publication info:
- Washington, DC : American Psychological Association, c2007.
On the Shelf
- How to write for a general audience : a guide for academics who want to share their knowledge with the world and have fun doing it / Kathleen A. Kendall-Tackett.
- Main Author:
- Kendall-Tackett, Kathleen A.
Washington, DC : American Psychological Association, 2007
- 1st ed.
- Related Resource:
- Physical Description:
xiv, 286 p. ; 21 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 261-269) and index.
Table of Contents
- Getting started : from idea to first draft
- Finding time to write : time management for writers
- Why we bore : the seven deadly sins of academic writers
- The art of the story : how narrative nonfiction can add interest to your writing
- Working with other writers and writers' groups
- Preparing your final manuscript for submission
- The "E" word : working well with editors
- Writing articles for magazines, newsletters, and web sites
- Selling your book idea : how to find a publisher
- How to write and submit a book proposal
- Sign on the dotted line : an overview of book contracts
- Book promotion I : working with a publicist and the media
- Book promotion II : seminars and web marketing.