Law in modern society /
- Publication info:
- Oxford ; Toronto : Oxford University Press, 2007.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Law in modern society / D.J. Galligan.
- Main Author:
- Galligan, D. J. 1947- (Denis James),
Oxford ; Toronto : Oxford University Press, 2007
- Related Resource:
- Physical Description:
xi, 380 p. ; 22 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -373) and index.
019929183797801992918300199269785 (pbk.)9780199269785 (pbk.)
Table of Contents
- Setting the bounds of law-and-society
- Approaches to law in society
- Law as social rules
- Law prior to rules
- Law as a system of rules
- Social spheres
- The reception of law
- Law and coercion
- Legal pluralism : parallel legal orders
- Extended legal pluralism : informal legal orders
- Does law have social functions?
- The social value of law
- Form of modern legal orders
- Social foundations of modern legal form
- Implementation and the architecture of law
- Implementation : the legal and social environment
- Change through law : the contours of compliance.