Judicial reasoning under the UK Human Rights Act /
- Publication info:
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2007.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Corporate Subject:
- Judicial reasoning under the UK Human Rights Act / edited by Helen Fenwick, Gavin Phillipson and Roger Masterman.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2007
- Item Description:
Based on seminars conducted under the auspices of the Human Rights Centre, University of Durham that took place between October 2002 and September 2005.
- Physical Description:
xxvii, 455 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibiographical references and index.
9780521876339 (hbk.) :0521876338 (hbk.) :
Table of Contents
- The Human Rights Act in contemporary context / Helen Fenwick, Roger Masterman and Gavin Phillipson
- The European Convention on Human Rights and the Human Rights Act : the view from the outside / Colin Warbrick
- Aspiration or foundation? : the status of the Strasbourg jurisprudence and the ?convention rights in domestic law / Roger Masterman
- Institutional roles and meanings of ?compatibility under the Human Rights Act 1998 / David Feldman
- Choosing between sections 3 and 4 of the Human Rights Act 1998 : judicial reasoning after Ghaidan v. Mendoza / Aileen Kavanagh
- Clarity postponed : horizontal effect after Campbell / Gavin Phillipson
- The standard of judicial review after the Human Rights Act / Ian Leigh
- Principles of deference under the Human Rights Act / David Keene
- The common law, privacy and the Convention / Gavin Phillipson
- Judicial reasoning in clashing rights cases / Helen Fenwick
- Family law and the Human Rights Act 1998 : judicial restraint or revolution / Sonia Harris-Short
- Article 14 ECHR : a protector, not a prosecutor / Aaron Baker
- Criminal procedure, the presumption of innocence and judicial reasoning under the Human Rights Act / Paul Roberts
- Concluding remarks / Ian Leigh.