The globalization of international law /
- Publication info:
- Aldershot, England : Ashgate, c2005.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
International law : norms, actors, process : a problem-oriented approach / Jeffrey L. Dunoff, Laura H. Carnell Professor of Law, Temple University Beasley School of Law ; Steven R. Ratner, Bruno Simma Collegiate Professor of Law, University of Michigan Law School ; David Wippman, Dean and William S. Pattee Professor of Law, University of Minnesota Law School.
KZ 3410 D86 2015
- The globalization of international law / edited by Paul Schiff Berman.
- Other Authors:
Aldershot, England : Ashgate, 2005
- Physical Description:
xlviii, 650 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
0754624129 (hardback : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- The multiplicity of normative communities. The folktales of justice : tales of jurisdiction / Robert M. Cover
- Legal pluralism / Sally Engle Merry
- Problems of geographical borders. Territorial sovereignty and the Internet. Governing cyberspace / David G. Post
- The Internet and the abiding significance of territorial sovereignty / Jack L. Goldsmith
- Against "against cybernarchy" / by David G. Post
- Transnational law, 'postnational' citizenship and the nature of state power. The structural rules of transnational law / by William S. Dodge
- Multiple nationality and the postnational transformation of citizenship / Linda Bosniak
- The information revolution and the paradox of American power / by Joseph S. Nye
- The relationship between the national and the international. The judicialization of international law. Turtles and torturers : the transformation of international law / Philippe Sands
- The new dispute settlers : (half) truths and consequences / José E. Alvarez
- Redefining universal jurisdiction / Leila Nadya Sadat
- The limits of idealism / Jack Goldsmith & Stephen D. Krasner
- From unimaginable to possible : Spain, Pinochet and the judicialization of power / David Sugarman
- Inculcating international norms into national systems. How is international human rights law enforced? / Harold Hongju Koh
- Constructing a global law : violence against women and the human rights system / Sally Engle Merry
- Towards an institutional theory of sovereignty / Ryan Goodman & Derek Jinks
- Hybrid national/international models
- The promise of hybrid courts / Laura A. Dickinson
- The development and incorporation of international norms in the formation of copyright law / Graeme B. Dinwoodie. The role of transnational governmental and non-governmental actors. Networks of governmental actors. The accountability of government networks / Anne-Marie Slaughter
- The power of EU collective action : the impact of EU data privacy regulation on US business practice / Gregory Shaffer
- Networks of non-governmental actors. The Ottawa Convention Banning Landmines, the role of international non-governmental organizations and the idea of international civil society / Kenneth Anderson
- Accounting for NGOs / Peter J. Spiro
- Compliance with international norms in the absence of international law. A bottom-up approach to international lawmaking : the tale of three trade finance instruments / Janet Koven Levit.