Appointing judges in an age of judicial power : critical perspectives from around the world /
- Publication info:
- Toronto : University of Toronto Press, c2006, 2007 printing.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Appointing judges in an age of judicial power : critical perspectives from around the world / edited by Kate Malleson and Peter H. Russell.
- Other Authors:
Toronto : University of Toronto Press, 2006
- Physical Description:
xii, 473 p. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -468).
0802090532 (cloth : alk. paper)9780802090539 (cloth : alk. paper)0802093817 (pbk.)9780802093813 (pbk.)
Table of Contents
- Appointing judges in established democracies. The Scottish Judicial Appointments Board : new wine in old bottles? / Alan Paterson
- The New Judicial Appointments Commission in England and Wales : new wine in new bottles? / Kate Malleson
- Judicial appointments in post-charter Canada : a system in transition / F.L. Morton
- Legal controversies over federal judicial selection in the United States : breaking the cycle of obstruction and retribution over judicial appointments / Michael C. Tolley
- Judicial appointments in New Zealand : if it were done when ?tis done, then ?twere well it were done openly and directly / James Allan
- ?The judicial whisper goes around? : appointment of judicial officers in Australia / Elizabeth Handsley
- Merit selection and diversity in the Dutch judiciary / Leny E. De Groot-Van Leeuwen
- Judicial selection in Italy : a civil service model with partisan results / Mary L. Volcansek
- The selection of judges in France : searching for a new legitimacy / Doris Marie Provine and Antoine Garapon
- The selection process of constitutional court judges in Germany / Christine Landfried
- Appointing the judges of international courts. Judicial selection for international courts : towards common principles and practices / Ruth Mackenzie and Philippe Sands
- Appointing judges in new democracies and transitional states. Judicial appointments and promotions in Israel : constitution, law and politics / Eli M. Salzberger
- The politics of judicial selection in Egypt / Mahmoud M. Hamad
- Judicial selection in post-apartheid South Africa / François Du Bois
- A judiciary in transition: reflections on the selection of judges in Namibia / Sufian Hemed Bukurura
- Creating a compliant judiciary in Zimbabwe, 2000?2003 / Derek Matyszak
- The politics of judicial selection and appointments in Japan and ten south and southeast Asian countries / David M. O?Brien
- Judicial selection in Russia : towards accountability and centralization / Alexei Trochev
- Improving the quality of the judiciary in China : recent reforms to the procedures for appointing, promoting, and discharging judges / Colin Hawes.