Trade imbalance : the struggle to weigh human rights concerns in trade policymaking /
- Publication info:
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2008.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Trade imbalance : the struggle to weigh human rights concerns in trade policymaking / Susan Ariel Aaronson, Jamie M. Zimmerman.
- Main Author:
- Aaronson, Susan A.
- Other Authors:
Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2008
- Related Resource:
- Physical Description:
x, 337 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9780521872560 (hardback)0521872561 (hardback)9780521694209 (pbk.)0521694205 (pbk.)
Table of Contents
- Introduction : the struggle to weigh human rights in trade policymaking
- The World Trade Organization and human rights : providing some power to the people, some of the time
- South Africa : in the "rainbow nation" trade and human rights are anything but black-and-white
- Brazil : creating new rules of the road
- European Union : the behemoth is not a dinosaur
- The United States : at cross purposes : Americans at the intersection of trade and human rights
- Conclusion : how to right the trade imbalance.