The criminal law of genocide : international, comparative and contextual aspects /
- Publication info:
- Aldershot, Hants : Ashgate, c2007.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- The criminal law of genocide : international, comparative and contextual aspects / edited by Ralph Henham and Paul Behrens.
- Other Authors:
Aldershot, Hants : Ashgate, 2007
- Related Resource:
- Item Description:
In 2004 the Nottingham Law School started a research initiative ... In the framework of this initiative an International Conference on Genocide was convened in September 2005 ... Most of the chapters in this book are based on those contributions, which have been carefully revised and edited to present a topical work ..."--Pref., p. [xv].
- Physical Description:
xvi, 283 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9780754648987 (alk. paper)0754648982 (alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Historical perspectives. The Armenian genocide : a contextual view of the crime and politics of denial / Raffi Sarkissian
- Armenian genocide claims : a contextual version of the 1915 incidents / Sadi Cayci
- Genocide and Nuremberg / Henry T. King, Jr.
- Case studies. Has genocide been committed in Darfur? : the state plan or policy element in the crime of genocide / William A. Schabas
- Sudan, the United States, and the International Criminal Court : a tense triumvirate in transitional justice for Darfur / Zachary D. Kaufman
- The major powers and the genocide in Rwanda / Roméo Dallaire and Kishan Manocha
- The schism between the legal and the social concept of genocide in light of the responsibility to protect / Larissa van den Herik
- Aspects of the crime. Is the emerging jurisprudence on complicity in genocide before the international ad hoc tribunals a moving target in conflict with the principle of legality? / Michael G. Karnavas
- Telling stories and hearing truths : providing an effective remedy to genocidal sexual violence against women / Fiona de Londras
- A moment of kindness? : consistency and genocidal intent / Paul Behrens
- Freedom of speech v. hate speech : the jurisdiction of 'direct and public incitement to commit genocide' / Tonja Salomon
- The prohibition of genocide under the legal instruments of the International Criminal Court / Tuiloma Neroni Slade
- International and domestic prosecution of genocide. ICC investigations and a hierarchy of referrals : has genocide in Darfur been predetermined? / Chris Gallavin
- Specificity of indictments in ICTR genocide trials / Paul Ng'arua
- Cambodia's extraordinary chamber : is it the most effective and appropriate means of addressing the crimes of the Khmer Rouge? / Alex Bates
- The prosecution of genocide : in search of a European perspective / Jan Wouters and Sten Verhoeven
- Reflection on the separation of powers : the law of genocide and the symptomatic French paradox / Caroline Fournet
- Prevention, alternative justice solutions and sentencing. The United Nations and the prevention of genocide / Juan E. Méndez
- Criminal justice in the aftermath of the 1994 Rwanda genocide / Shivon Byamukama and John A. Kapranos Huntley
- The normative context of sentencing for genocide / Ralph Henham
- Genocide, reconciliation and sentencing in the jurisprudence of the ICTY / Shahram Dana.