New perspectives on the divide between national and international law /
- Publication info:
- Oxford ; Toronto : Oxford University Press, 2007.
- Book, Print
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Praktische Vernunft und Rechtsanwendung : Verhandlungen des 15. Weltkongresses der Internationalen Vereinigung für Rechts-und Sozialphilosophie (IVR) in Göttingen, August 1991. Band 4 / herausgegeben von Hans-Joachim Koch und Ulfrid Neumann = Legal system and practical reason : proceedings of the 15th World Congress of the International Association for Philosophy of Law and Social pPhilosophy (IVR) in Göttingen, August 1991. Volume 4 / edited by Hans-Joachim Koch und Ulfrid Neumann.
K 296 W67 1994
- New perspectives on the divide between national and international law / edited by Janne Nijman and André Nollkaemper.
- Other Authors:
Oxford ; Toronto : Oxford University Press, 2007
- Spine Title:
- New perspectives on the divide between national & international law
- Item Description:
"This book is one of the results of the research program Interactions between international and national law, funded by the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research under its 'Pioneer Programme' that was carried out between 2000 and 2007 at the Amsterdam Center for International Law, University of Amsterdam under the leadership of André Nollkaemper"--Pref.
- Physical Description:
xx, 380 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9780199231942 (hbk.)019923194X (hbk.)
Table of Contents
- Introduction / Janne Nijman and André Nollkaemper
- International law and interindividual law / Gaetano Arangio-Ruiz
- Dualism : a review / Giorgio Gaja
- The emerging universal legal system / Philip Allott
- Deterritorialization in international law : moving away from the divide between national and international law / Catherine Brölmann
- The future of international law is domestic (or, the European way of law) / Anne-Marie Slaughter and William Burke-White
- Monism and Dualism : The impact of private authority on the dichotomy between national and international law / Christine Chinkin
- Shifting boundaries : the authority of international law / Mayo Moran
- International law in a process of constitutionalization / Christine Walter
- The emergence of the international community and the divide between international and domestic law / Andreas L. Paulus
- The globalization of state constitutions / Anne Peters
- International law and the evolution of (domestic) human-rights law in post-1994 South Africa / Lourens du Plessis
- Beyond the divide / Janne Nijman and André Nollkaemper.