The international judge : an introduction to the men and women who decide the world's cases /
- Publication info:
- Waltham, Mass. : Brandeis University Press ; Hanover, NH : Published by University Press of New England, c2007.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Humane Justiz : die deutschen Landesberichte zum ersten internationalen Kongress für Zivilprozessrecht in Gent 1977 = Justice with a human face : the German national reports for the first International Congress on the Law of Civil Procedure in Gent 1977 / Peter Gilles (Hrsg.). --
K 2204.6 I 57 1977
- The international judge : an introduction to the men and women who decide the world's cases / Daniel Terris, Cesare P.R. Romano, and Leigh Swigart.
- Main Author:
- Terris, Daniel.
- Other Authors:
Waltham, Mass. : Hanover, NH : Brandeis University Press ; 2007
- Physical Description:
xxii, 315 p. : ill., ports ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -300) and index.
1584656662 (cloth : alk. paper)9781584656661 (cloth : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- International courts : an overview
- International judges : who are they and how do they get on the courts?
- Profile: Navanethem Pillay, South Africa : judge of the International Criminal Court
- Inside the courts
- Profile: Thomas Buergenthal, United States : judge of the International Court of Justice
- International judges and international law
- Profile: Georges Abi-Saab, Egypt : member of the World Trade Organization Appellate Body
- Between law and politics
- Profile: Cecila Medina Quiroga, Chile : judge of the Inter-American Court of Human Rights
- Tests of character
- Profile: John Hedigan, Ireland : judge of the European Court of Human Rights