Governance and regulation in social life : essays in honour of W. G. Carson /
- Publication info:
- Abingdon [England] ; New York : Routledge-Cavendish, 2007.
On the Shelf
- Governance and regulation in social life : essays in honour of W. G. Carson / edited by Augustine Brannigan and George Pavlich.
- Other Authors:
Abingdon [England] ; New York : Routledge-Cavendish, 2007
- Related Resource:
- Item Description:
"A GlassHouse book."
- Physical Description:
x, 260 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -256) and index.
9781845681104 (hbk)184568110X (hbk)
Table of Contents
- The shift from crime to governance in the sociology of law / George Pavlich and Augustine Brannigan
- The importance of being ambiguous : theorising white-collar crime / Fiona Haines and Adam Sutton
- Are occupational health and safety crimes hostage to history? : an Australian perspective / Richard Johnstone
- The continuing price of Britain's oil : business organisation, precarious employment and risk transfer mechanisms in the North Sea petroleum industry / Charles Woolfson
- Jurisprudential miscegenation : strict liability and the ambiguity of law / Arie Freiberg
- The sociology of compliance-based regulation : an intellectual history / Paul Rock
- Rethinking the symbolic-instrumental distinction : meanings and motives in American capital punishment / David Garland
- The law of subaltern discipline / George Pavlich
- A genealogy of 'fire prevention' / Pat O'Malley and Steven Hutchinson
- Young people, fire and arson as resistance / Mike Presdee
- The politics of community and the problem of the 'stranger' / Gordon Hughes
- Responding to crimes against international law / Dirk Van Zyl Smit
- Restorative justice in post-genocidal Rwanda : from community to citizenship as a basis for social justice / Augustine Brannigan
- Embedded criminology and knowledges of resistance / Reece Walters.