Legal argument : the structure and language of effective advocacy /
- Publication info:
- Newark, NJ : LexisNexis, 2007.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Legal argument : the structure and language of effective advocacy / James A. Gardner.
- Main Author:
- Gardner, James A., 1959-
Newark, NJ : LexisNexis, 2007
- 2nd ed.
- Portion of Title:
- Structure and language of effective advocacy
- Physical Description:
xvii, 169 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
9781422418208 (perfect bound)1422418200 (perfect bound)
Table of Contents
- The syllogism model
- Determining your conclusion from your position
- Building the premises
- Grounding the premises
- The major premise
- The minor premise
- Summary of the method
- Building a complete argument
- Introduction to writing arguments
- Writing a legal argument
- Common problems of written legal advocacy and how to avoid them
- Special problems of legal advocacy
- Responding to arguments
- Common tactics and rhetorical techniques of effective written advocacy
- Professionalism in advocacy
- The ethical limits of argument.