5th annual symposium on class actions.
- Publication info:
- Toronto, Ont. : Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, Osgoode Professional Development CLE, 2008.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Class actions : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Class actions: the 10th platinum collectors' CLE, held in Vancouver, B.C. on February 25, 2005 / course chair. Ward K. Branch ; faculty, Donald I. Brenner ... [et al.] ; CLE program lawyer, Catherine J. Branch.
KF 8896 A75 C53 2005
- 5th annual symposium on class actions.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
Toronto, Ont. : Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, Osgoode Professional Development CLE, 2008
- Other Title:
- Fifth annual symposium on class actions
- Portion of Title:
- Symposium on class actions
- Portion of Title:
- Class actions
- Meeting Name:
Annual National Class Actions Symposium
- Item Description:
"April 10-11, 2008".Co-chairs: Garry D. Watson, Peter A. Cumming.
- Physical Description:
1 v. (various pagings) ; 29 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- Cross-country checkup : BC cases from April 2007 to April 2008 / Ward K. Branch and Susan M. Precious
- Cross-country check-up : Atlantic region / presented by Raymond F. Wagner
- Cross-country check-up : Québec [presentation slides] / Robert E. Carbonneau
- Class actions in Saskatchewan 2007-2008 / by Robert W. Leuer
- Recent developments in class proceedings in Alberta / G. Alan Meikle
- [Aggregate damages as a common issue : is procedure taking on substance? : recent developments in respect of s.24 of the Class Proceedings Act / by Adrian C. Lang]
- Section 25 of the Class Proceedings Act : determining individual issues / [authored by Bonnie A. Tough and Jonathan Bida]
- [Costs in Ontario after the SCC's decision in Danier Leather / David Klein and Douglas Lennox]
- [Class Proceedings Fund : fifteen years in review / Kirk M. Baert ... [et al.]]
- [Ground level access to justice : giving real notice and making claim forms understandable / [Charles M. Wright and Luciana P. Brasil]
- Class actions and arbitration provisions / Andrew Borrell and Dierk Ullrich
- Class actions and arbitrations : new developments in U.S. litigation : a top ten list
- [Secondary market securities class actions : speaking notes for panel discussion [presentation slides] / Mary Jane Stitt]
- Securities class action suits : new statutory remedies [presentation slides] / Janis Sarra
- Making securities fraud class actions virtuous / James D. Cox
- Securities class action suits : new statutory remedies in the Canadian financial services sector / Janis Sarra
- Seeking recognition of Canadian class action judgments in foreign jurisdictions : perils and pitfalls / John P. Brown
- [Guidelines for recognizing and enforcing foreign judgments for collective redress / Warren Winkler ... [et al.]]
- Collective redress in Europe : not all roads lead to Brussels [presentation slides] / Ianika Tzankova
- Class actions, group litigation and other forms of collective litigation Dutch report / Deborah Hensler, Christopher Hodges
- Table of collective redress regimes in some member states per 2008
- Way of the future / [Daan Lunsing Scheurleer and Ianika Tzankova]
- Road to redress / Ianika Tzankova
- Oiling the wheels / by Daan Lunsing Scheurleer and Ianika Tzankova
- Recommended links / by Ianika N. Tzankova
- Moving to opt out class or group actions : report from the UK and Europe / Rachael Mulheron
- Carriage in Canadian multi-jurisdictional class actions / Peter F.C. Howard & Samantha Hosseini
- [Notes for panel discussion on national classes and carriage fights / by Paul B. Vickery]
- Caught in a trap : ethical considerations for the plaintiff's lawyer in class proceedings / Warren K. Winkler and Sharon D. Matthews
- Breathing the vital air : advocating an ethics-based approach to attorney fees in the class action context / by Gérald Tremblay and Shaun Finn.