Cultural human rights /
- Publication info:
- Leiden ; Boston : M. Nijhoff Publishers, 2008.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
The protection of cultural property in the event of armed conflict : commentary on the Convention for the Protection of Cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict and its protocol, signed on 14 May, 1954 in the Hague, and on other instruments of international law concerning such protection / Jiří Toman.
K 3791 A41954 A38 1996
- Cultural human rights / edited by Francesco Francioni, Martin Scheinin.
- Other Authors:
Leiden ; Boston : M. Nijhoff Publishers, 2008
- Physical Description:
viii, 369 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
9789004162945 (hardback : alk. paper)9004162941 (hardback : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Culture, heritage, and human rights : an introduction / Francesco Francioni
- The cross-cultural legitimacy of universal human rights : plural justification across normative divides / Tore Lindholm
- Self-determination and cultural rights / Ana Filipa Vrdoljak
- Cultural rights : a necessary corrective to the nation state / William K. Barth
- Protecting peoples' cultural rights : a question of properly understanding the notion of states and nations? / Matthias Åhrén
- Indigenous peoples' cultural rights and the controversy over commercial use of their traditional knowledge / Federico Lenzerini
- The right of a people to enjoy its culture : towards a Nordic Saami Rights Convention / Martin Scheinin
- Cultural identity and legal status : or, the return of the right to have (particular) rights / Enikő Horváth
- Minorities' right to maintain and develop their cultures : legal implications of social science research / Timo Makkonen
- The role of the state in balancing religious freedom with other human rights in a multicultural European context / Stéphanie Lagoutte and Eva Maria Lassen
- Accessing culture at the EU level : an indirect contribution to cultural rights protection? / Evangelia Psychogiopoulou
- Language rights as cultural rights : a European perspective / Susanna Mancini and Bruno de Witte
- The place of cultural rights in the WTO system / John Morijn
- A right to cultural identity in UNESCO / Yvonne Donders
- Political change and the 'creative destruction' of public space / Sanford Levinson.